How do I back up 2Do without using the Sync feature?
Article ID: 437 | Last Updated: Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 1:10 AM
2Do allows you to backup your data without using any of the sync features offered by the app.
- Launch 2Do
- Goto Settings -> Backups > Backup to Email
- Enter email address and tap ’Send’
This will send a copy of the database to your email inbox. You should preferably send this to an account that’s already setup on your iPhone. This way you can later ’Tap and hold’ on the attachment from within the Mail app and ’Open with 2Do’ to be able to restore your data.
In case you wish to restore to a previous snapshot:
2Do manages automatic backups every 24 hours in case you don’t use the Sync feature or every time you perform sync. This way if in case something goes terribly wrong after performing a sync operation, you can go back to your previous ’snapshot’ by going into Settings -> Backups > Manage Automatic Backups and then selecting the snapshot you wish to restore to.
In case 2Do won’t launch:
If for any reason 2Do refuses to launch (disk corruption/error in application) you can still backup and later restore your data. To do this:
- Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes
- Select your device from the left column from under ’Devices’
- Select the ’Apps’ tab and scroll down to the ’File Sharing’ section
- Select 2Do and look for a 2do.db file from the list of files present under the Documents directory
- Drag the file over to your desktop
- Fire up the Mail app on your desktop and email yourself a copy of this database you’ve just extracted (to an account you’ve setup on the iPhone)
- Delete and re-install app
- Next open Mail app on iPhone and tap and hold on the 2do.db file attachment. From the popup select ’Open with 2Do’
- This will restore your data in 2Do