I see a ’Forbidden’ error message during sync with iCloud
Article ID: 655 | Last Updated: Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Please ensure you have updated to v3.5 on iOS and v2.0.1 on the Mac. If you are on these versions and still experience this issue, please write to us explaining what error you see.
If you are seeing this when Replacing Server Data during sync:This suggests that there exists in iCloud a list that is currently in clash with one present in 2Do. You will normally see this error when trying to ’Replace Server Data’ during the initial sync. The next update of 2Do v3.3 on iOS will automatically resolve this, but for now you can get around this by:
1. Logging into www.icloud.com
2. Click on Reminders
3. Create a dummy list called ’Dummy List’. This will allow us to delete the default list in the following step.
4. Delete the list that was present in Reminders before.
5. Now go back to 2Do and perform sync.
If you are seeing this when Replacing Local Data during sync:We have had some users where their Reminders list was comprised of a partially read-only List, and that kept tripping 2Do as it tried to rename it during merge. If you’ve selected ’Replace Local Data’ during sync and you’re still seeing this, here are a few things you could check:
1. Launch Reminders on your Mac (preferably) or log into www.icloud.com and click Reminders
2. Look for a list named ’Reminders’. This may appear as your default list. Create a new list called ’New Reminders’, select all your tasks in that list and move them across to this new list.
3. Now delete the old Reminders list. Sync. It should now work.
4. If you continue to see this error, we would suggest you create a new list for every list you already have in Reminders, simply drag and move all existing tasks from their respective lists into the new lists you just created. This will ensure no existing data is lost. Once you’re done, delete the old lists. Try syncing again now.