This AppleScript allows you to easily create tasks in 2Do from your messages in Mail.app. You can choose from a list of custom tags that you can optionally set. Message subject becomes task’s title and link to the message in Mail will be included in a note.
The best way to install Applescripts into Mail is to use them as an OS X Service and assign them to a shortcut key. You can also find it in [App name] > Services menu.
- Download the OS X Service DMG installer (link below).
- Open the DMG file, open the script and install the service on your computer.
- Open ‘System Preferences’, go to Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Services
- Select the ‘MailTo2Do’ service; Assign a shortcut key to the service.
- Open Mail.
- Select a message in the list.
- Press your chosen shortcut key.
- Your selected message appears in 2Do as a task.